We’re driven by our purpose to build real communities, which enhance the lives of our residents every single day. If you’re looking for a career which means more and gives you more, personally and professionally, there’s a place for you here at Inspired Villages.
In partnership with Legal & General, with hugely ambitious (yet very achievable) growth plans, we are seeking an Apprentice Gardener on a full-time basis, to join our expanding team at Austin Heath.
The role will suit an enthusiastic, confident, and personable Apprentice Gardener who can communicate well with others while helping maintain a large estate.
- Maintaining grassed areas including lawns, edgings, and rough park grass. This may involve levelling uneven ground, re-turfing, re‑seeding, fertiliser, spiking, raking, cutting using the appropriate equipment
- Preparing beds, propagating, planting out, tending, and caring for flowering plants and shrubs, digging, pruning, weeding, fertilising, and watering
- Maintaining hedges, planting, and pruning small trees, keeping surroundings clear from weeds, removing tree stumps
- Maintaining and repairing fences and stiles
- Maintaining paths and to keep paths and roadways clear of weeds, encroaching vegetation and fallen leaves and branches, keeping parking areas clear of snow etc, keeping all estate areas free of litter.
- Keen interest in horticultural and grounds maintenance
- Any practical or work experience within gardening would be desirable
- Ability to work on your own as well as within a team environment
- Be an enthusiastic, flexible, and adaptable team player
- Creativity and a passion for garden design, customer service and presentation.
- The Apprentice Gardener will work on a full time, permanent basis, covering 37.5 hours a week; Monday to Friday (8.30am till 4.30pm), with the occasional weekend.
- Competitive salary
- Full training and support provided, through an apprentice scheme
- BUPA health care
- Life Assurance at x4 your annual salary
- 28 days annual leave (increasing by 1 each year)
- Gift of Time – three additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a zero)
- 5% matched pension scheme
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Working in a newly built office in a scenic environment.
We have a duty of care to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for you and our residents. Due to the nature and setting of our business we require all eligible colleagues to provide evidence of vaccination or agree to be vaccinated as part of ongoing vaccination programmes (including boosters), unless they are medically exempt. This includes the COVID19 vaccination.
More enjoyment. More satisfaction. More like one big family. If you’re looking for a career that means more and gives you more, hit that apply button!