Reporting directly into the Estates Director, the Building Surveyor will be responsible for overseeing the building maintenance strategy for the all properties across the group.
You will be involved in budget setting, undertaking inspections and implementing best practice solutions to property management.
- Setting and overseeing the building maintenance strategy for the operational portfolio
- Providing key property advice to Village Managers and the Operational Teams
- Undertaking annual inspections of all operational properties
- Preparing a Planned Maintenance Programme for each village and procuring works in accordance with the PMP
- Providing a customer focused approach to the management of the company’s property portfolio
- Preparing an annual budget for each village and presenting to Village Managers and Resident’s Associations
- Managing and implementing unit refurbishments for retirement units which are to be resold
- Providing feedback on long term asset management plans for new villages and feed into standardisation programme
- Assisting with the implementation of capital works projects on existing villages
- Managing and implementing adhoc repairs as required.
- RICS qualified with at least two years post qualification experience
- Experience working ‘client-side’ or within a development environment would be useful
- Knowledge of compiling planning maintenance schedules
- Excellent budget management skills
- Solid ability to understand building contracts and working through contract administration
- Sound technical knowledge
- Previous experience working for a multi-site business
- Great systems experience and a confident user of MS Excel
- Keen eye for detail with a strong ability to identify process improvement and implementing best practice solutions.
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- The Gift of Time – three additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a zero)
- 5% matched pension
- BUPA health care
- Life Assurance at x4 your annual salary
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Working in a modern office with a dynamic team setting, with the opportunity of home working.
We are experts in later living, obsessed with great customer outcomes and aim to improve the lives of our residents and those within the local community each day.
If you share our passion and want to work for a truly inspiring business - please get in touch!