We’re driven by our purpose to build real communities, which enhance the lives of our residents every single day. If you’re looking for a career which means more and gives you more, personally and professionally, there’s a place for you here at Inspired Villages.
In line with our mission to become the UK’s number one developer for later living, we are seeking a Director of IT to join our growing technology team.
You will provide strategic leadership to the IT function; designing and delivering technology strategies and solutions for Inspired Villages, meeting our business plan to improve performance aligned to growth.
- Delivering a transformational IT strategy through your team and the wider company to help support the delivery of our business goals
- Overseeing the infrastructure of technical operations, managing IT colleagues, tracking technology to achieve business goals, eliminating security risks, increasing user satisfaction, and maintaining operations and systems
- Identifying new technologies and IT systems, advising on new innovative solutions and advancements
- Driving enhancements of current systems and integrating new systems with those existing
- Developing standard operating procedures allied to best practice, and ensuring written protocols and guidelines are provided to all IT colleagues and all end-users
- Ensuring written documentation is created and maintained, to include user and system manuals, licence agreements and all documentation relating to modifications and upgrades
- Negotiating with suppliers of hardware and software to get the best deal, including external support, and being responsible for contracting consultants and making service agreements
- Financial responsibility for IT projects as well as managing the financial aspects of the entire IT department such as purchases and ongoing budgeting
- Producing month end board reports and materials
- Overseeing all IT project implementation and new project roll-out and deliverables
- Ensuring GDPR is governed, managed, and implemented across the IT estate.
- Proven experience of creating and implementing IT strategy ideally in a complex environment with multiple commercial business units/legal entities, throughout the UK
- Strong ability to communicate technical information in a clear, consistent way to non-technical colleagues
- Microsoft Windows (Office 365) certificates highly desirable.
- Salary dependent on experience
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- The Gift of Time – three additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a zero)
- BUPA health care
- 37.5 hours per week with flexible start and finish times
- 5% matched pension scheme
- Life Assurance at x4 your annual salary
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Working in a modern office, with the option for remote working.
More enjoyment. More satisfaction. More like one big family. If you’re looking for a career that means more and gives you more, hit that apply button!