A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Gardener to help oversee garden care and maintenance of our beautiful grounds at Millbrook Village.
The property is large, consisting of mixed and herbaceous beds and borders, natural areas with long grasses, extensive lawns, and some formal areas.
The role will suit a knowledgeable, confident, and personable gardener who can communicate well with others while helping manage a large estate.
- Maintaining the grassed areas, flower beds, hedges, shrubs, borders
- Carrying out hard landscaping duties including drainage clearance, pathways, and steps
- Clearing leaves around the site as required, both by machine and manually
- Producing minor repairs to external facilities and assist with hard landscaping repairs
- Carrying out gutter and gully clearance.
- Statutory testing
- Ensuring that the environment is maintained including keeping the site clearance
- Assisting our residence with any gardening or horticulturally based questions, to upkeep their own gardens
- A genuine interest in horticulture and knowledge of garden pest and weed control is required.
- Previous experience caring for the grounds of a large estate
- Strong general plant knowledge
- Competent working to Health and Safety and COSHH regulations would be ideal
- Confident, personable, and strong communications skills
- Hold a full driving licence
- Any qualifications within the horticultural trade would be desirable.
- This is a full-time opportunity where the Gardener will work 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday; 9am till 5pm.
- Up to £11.31 per hour
- BUPA health care
- Life Assurance at x4 your annual salary
- 28 days annual leave
- Gift of Time – three additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a zero)
- 5% matched pension scheme
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Working in a newly built office in a scenic environment.
Here at Millbrook our residents mean a great deal to us, but so do our colleagues.
So, if you pride yourself on doing a great job, actively go out of your way to help others and want to work for a company which recognises you - get in touch!