We’re driven by our purpose to build real communities, which enhance the lives of our residents every single day. If you’re looking for a career which means more and gives you more, personally and professionally, there’s a place for you here at Inspired Villages.
In partnership with Legal & General PLC and NatWest Pension Trustee Limited, with hugely ambitious (and very achievable) growth plans, we are seeking a Head Chef, to join our newly opened restaurant at Ledian Gardens.
The Head Chef will lead on all kitchen activities within the village, ensuring the menu is delicious and food is prepared and presented to the correct standards and quality.
- Creating and executing an exciting and appetising menu, which takes into consideration dietary requirements and allergens
- Managing the full food service from prep up to staff management
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic working environment
- Providing support and instructing Kitchen Assistants in the correct food preparation techniques and best practice
- Giving an outstanding customer experience to our residents and guests.
- Previous experience of working as a Head Chef or Kitchen Manager in a busy environment
- Qualified in Food Hygiene – minimum of Level 3 in Food Safety or equivalent
- Good numeracy and literacy skills and an eye for detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative without ongoing direct supervision
- Be an enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable team player.
- The Head Chef will work on a full time, permanent basis, covering 37.5 hours a week; usually 9.00am until 5.00pm. As demand grows there will be an expectation to cover a dinner service finishing at 9.00pm.
- Up to £29,250 per annum
- 28 days annual leave, increasing by 1 each year (up to 33)
- Giving Something Back - 3 additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a zero)
- BUPA health care
- 5% matched pension scheme
- Life Assurance at x4 your annual salary
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities.
We have a duty of care to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for you and our residents. Due to the nature and setting of our business we require all eligible colleagues to provide evidence of vaccination or agree to be vaccinated as part of ongoing vaccination programmes (including boosters), unless they are medically exempt. This includes the COVID19 vaccination.
More enjoyment. More satisfaction. More like one big family. If you’re looking for a career that means more and gives you more, hit that apply button!