Do you love the idea of cultivating your own gardens within the grounds of a luxurious later living community? Do you have a passion for the outdoors and take pride in working as part of a team? Then this might be role for you!
We are excited to be recruiting for a Head Gardener to join our grounds maintenance team at our Austin Heath village on a permanent, full-time basis.
The role will suit a knowledgeable, confident, and personable Head Gardener who can communicate well with others while managing a large estate. You will be passionate about gardening, whilst developing the function and maintaining relationships with our residents.
- Taking responsibility for all aspects of horticulture and grounds management i.e. lawn management, hedge cutting, planting, pruning, feeding, and weeding
- Managing and leading a team of gardeners
- Cultivating the grassed areas, flower beds, hedges, shrubs and borders and hard landscaping areas including drainage clearance, pathways, and steps
- Clearing leaves around the site as required, both by machine and manually
- Carrying out minor repairs to external facilities and assisting with hard landscaping repairs
- Taking responsibility for estate management duties i.e. chainsaw operations, repairing of fences and other similar tasks
- Managing garden pests and weed control.
- Previous experience working as a Head Gardener
- Ability to work on your own as well as within a team environment
- Confident, personable with strong communications skills
- Hold a full driving licence
- Any qualifications within the horticultural trade would be desirable.
- Up to £23,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- BUPA health care
- Life Assurance at x4 your annual salary
- 28 days annual leave (increasing by 1 for each year served)
- Gift of Time – 3 additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a 0)
- 5% matched pension scheme
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Working in a newly built office in a scenic environment.
More enjoyment. More satisfaction. More like one big family. If you’re looking for a career that means more and gives you more, hit that apply button!