We’re driven by our purpose to build real communities, which enhance the lives of our residents every single day. If you’re looking for a career which means more and gives you more, personally and professionally, there’s a place for you here at Inspired Villages.
In partnership with Legal & General, with hugely ambitious (yet very achievable) growth plans, we are seeking a Head Gardener on a full-time basis, to join our expanding team at Great Alne Park.
The role will suit a knowledgeable, confident, and personable Head Gardener who can communicate well with others while managing a large estate. You will be passionate about gardening, whilst developing the function and maintaining relationships with our residents.
- Taking responsibility for all aspects of horticulture and garden management i.e. lawn management, hedge cutting, planting, pruning, feeding, and weeding
- Managing and leading a team of horticulture specialists
- Cultivating the grassed areas, flower beds, hedges, shrubs and borders and hard landscaping areas including drainage clearance, pathways, and steps
- Clearing leaves around the site as required, both by machine and manually
- Carrying out minor repairs to external facilities and assisting with hard landscaping repairs
- Taking responsibility for estate management duties i.e. chainsaw operations, repairing of fences and other similar tasks
- Managing garden pests and weed control.
- Previous experience managing the grounds of a large estate
- Strong general plant knowledge
- Competent working to Health and Safety and COSHH regulations
- Ability to work on your own as well as within a team environment
- Confident, personable, and strong communications skills
- Hold a full driving licence
- Any qualifications within the horticultural trade would be desirable.
- This is a full-time opportunity where the Head Gardener will work 37.5 hours a week; Monday to Friday.
- Up to £25,000 per annum
- BUPA health care
- Life Assurance at x4 your annual salary
- 28 days annual leave (increasing by 1 for each year served)
- Gift of Time – 3 additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a 0)
- 5% matched pension scheme
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Working in a newly built office in a scenic environment.
We have a duty of care to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for you and our residents. Due to the nature and setting of our business we require all eligible colleagues to provide evidence of vaccination or agree to be vaccinated as part of ongoing vaccination programmes (including boosters), unless they are medically exempt. This includes the COVID19 vaccination.
More enjoyment. More satisfaction. More like one big family. If you’re looking for a career that means more and gives you more, hit that apply button!