We’re driven by our purpose to build real communities, which enhance the lives of our residents every single day. If you’re looking for a career which means more and gives you more, personally and professionally, there’s a place for you here at Inspired Villages.
In partnership with Legal & General, with hugely ambitious (yet very achievable) growth plans, we are seeking a Head Gardener on a full-time basis, to join our expanding team at Great Alne Park.
The role will suit a knowledgeable, confident, and personable Head Gardener who can communicate well with others while managing a large estate. You will be passionate about gardening, whilst developing the function and maintaining relationships with our residents.
- Taking responsibility for all aspects of horticulture and garden management i.e. lawn management, hedge cutting, planting, pruning, feeding, and weeding
- Managing and leading a team of horticulture specialists
- Cultivating the grassed areas, flower beds, hedges, shrubs and borders and hard landscaping areas including drainage clearance, pathways, and steps
- Clearing leaves around the site as required, both by machine and manually
- Carrying out minor repairs to external facilities and assisting with hard landscaping repairs
- Taking responsibility for estate management duties i.e. chainsaw operations, repairing of fences and other similar tasks
- Managing garden pests and weed control.
- Previous experience managing the grounds of a large estate
- Strong general plant knowledge
- Competent working to Health and Safety and COSHH regulations
- Ability to work on your own as well as within a team environment
- Confident, personable, and strong communications skills
- Hold a full driving licence
- Any qualifications within the horticultural trade would be desirable.
- This is a full-time opportunity where the Head Gardener will work 37.5 hours a week; Monday to Friday.
- Up to £25,000 per annum
- BUPA health care
- Life Assurance at x4 your annual salary
- 28 days annual leave (increasing by 1 for each year served)
- Gift of Time – 3 additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a 0)
- 5% matched pension scheme
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Working in a newly built office in a scenic environment.
More enjoyment. More satisfaction. More like one big family. If you’re looking for a career that means more and gives you more, hit that apply button!