A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Head Gardener to oversee and manage all garden care and maintenance of the beautiful grounds at our Gifford Lea village.
The property is large, consisting of mixed and herbaceous beds and borders, natural areas with long grasses, trees, extensive lawns, and some formal areas.
The role will suit a knowledgeable, confident, and personable Head Gardener who can communicate well with others while managing a large estate. You will be passionate about gardening, whilst developing the function and maintaining relationships with our residents.
- Taking responsibility for all aspects of horticulture and garden management i.e. lawn management, hedge cutting, planting, pruning, feeding, and weeding
- Managing and leading a team of horticulture specialists
- Cultivating the grassed areas, flower beds, hedges, shrubs and borders and hard landscaping areas including drainage clearance, pathways, and steps
- Clearing leaves around the site as required, both by machine and manually
- Carrying out minor repairs to external facilities and assisting with hard landscaping repairs
- Taking responsibility for estate management duties i.e. chainsaw operations, repairing of fences and other similar tasks
- Managing garden pests and weed control.
- Previous experience managing the grounds of a large estate
- Strong general plant knowledge
- Competent working to Health and Safety and COSHH regulations
- Ability to work on your own as well as within a team environment
- Confident, personable, and strong communications skills
- Hold a full driving licence
- Any qualifications within the horticultural trade would be desirable.
- This is a full-time opportunity where the Head Gardener will work 37.5 hours per week; 9am to 5pm (with the occasional weekend, when required).
- Up to £25,000 per annum
- 28 days annual leave
- The Gift of Time – three additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a zero)
- 5% matched pension scheme
- BUPA health care
- Life Assurance at x4 your annual salary
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities.
Here at Gifford Lea our residents mean a great deal to us, but so do our team members.
So, if you pride yourself on doing a great job, actively go out of your way to help others and want to work for a company which recognises you - get in touch!