As an important member of the operations team, the Housekeeper will be responsible for the cleanliness of the village, whilst supporting our residents with a domestic cleaning service.
You will need to be able to build rapport between colleagues, guests, and residents along with ensuring health and safety controls are always maintained.
The Housekeeper will have previous experience working in a busy, hands-on role (ideally within a hotel / hospitality setting), with a proven track record of dealing with customers. Any experience in sewing / seamstress would be highly desirable but not an essential skill.
- Cleaning designated areas, ensuring they are kept tidy and in a hygienic condition. Including the bedrooms, lounges, bathrooms/toilets and kitchenettes
- Undertaking cleaning duties within the resident apartments as per contracted requirements
- Cleaning floors, shampoo and vacuum carpets and polish furniture and woodwork
- Maintaining COSHH Regulations
- Emptying waste bins, ensuring that all waste is disposed of following the correct procedure and bins are replaced with a clean bag
- Maintaining stocks and be responsible for the safe storage and security of cleaning materials
- Respecting the dignity and privacy of the residents e.g. always knock before entering an apartment etc
- Carrying out domestic tasks in the kitchen such as; washing up, cleaning etc
- Carrying out laundry duties.
- The role of Housekeeper is a permanent, part time position working 18 hours per week; 9.00am or 9.30am – 3.00pm or 3.30pm, 3 times a week.
- £9.06 per hour
- BUPA health care
- Life Assurance at x3 your annual salary
- The Gift of Time – three additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a zero)
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Working in a modern office with a dynamic team setting.
Here at Millbrook, our residents mean a great deal to us, but so do our employees.
So, if you also pride yourself on providing an excellent housekeeping service, actively go out of your way to help others and want to work for a company which recognises you - please get in touch!