We’re driven by our purpose to build real communities, which enhance the lives of our residents every single day. If you’re looking for a career which means more and gives you more, personally and professionally, there’s a place for you here at Inspired Villages.
In line with our mission to become the UK’s number one developer for later living, we are seeking a Land Manager to join our growing Development team.
- Carrying out detailed market research and analysis, keeping up to date on market forces to aid the decision-making land acquisition process
- Keeping a record and log of sites on the acquisition tracker along with progress
- Fostering good and lasting professional relationships with landowners (including national house builders), development agents, local authorities, and consultants
- Ensuring the team is fully informed on development opportunities and alternative appraisals.
- Undertaking feasibility reports and produce development appraisals (Argus software & excel models)
- Appointing and liaising with architects, cost consultants etc to obtain clear feasibility layouts
- Working with the development team and architects to deliver optimum layout by carrying out detailed land appraisals
- Consulting with the Director of Sales in respect of appraisal sales price and rate assumptions.
- Negotiating cost-effective land acquisition deals with vendors and land agents, ensuring deals are within agreed budgeted and forecast requirements
- Ensuring all appropriate cost allowances are included within development appraisals
- Preparing comprehensive land reports, proposals for purchase and handover reports in accordance with the Development Control Plan.
- Previous experience working as a Land Manager with experience taking sites through the legal, technical due diligence and planning processes
- Great networking skills with the ability to build rapport and seek out land opportunities, with ease
- Proven track record of identifying, negotiating, and securing residential/C2 sites
- A complete grasp of the Planning System, including local and national planning policies is essential
- IT literate and fully conversant with land appraisal techniques and models.
- Salary dependent on experience
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- The Gift of Time – three additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a zero)
- BUPA health care
- 37.5 hours per week with flexible start and finish times
- 5% matched pension scheme
- Life Assurance at x4 your annual salary
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Working in a modern office, with the option for remote working.
More enjoyment. More satisfaction. More like one big family. If you’re looking for a career that means more and gives you more, hit that apply button!