We’re driven by our purpose to build real communities, which enhance the lives of our residents every single day. If you’re looking for a career which means more and gives you more, personally and professionally, there’s a place for you here at Inspired Villages.
In partnership with Legal & General PLC and NatWest Pension Trustee Limited, with hugely ambitious (and very achievable) growth plans, we are seeking a Legal Counsel to join our expanding legal team.
The Legal Counsel / Solicitor will work closely with our investors and advisors to minimise risk and reputation damage across our group. You will lead on all legal matters including acquisition of sites, funding and legal entity structuring.
Providing legal advice and transaction support for the group, to ensure:
- the strategic and commercial objectives of the business, where possible, furthered
- a proper account is taken of material legal risks and the Group’s position is mitigated and protected
- compliance with relevant legislation and regulation
- adherence to the highest standards of compliance to build and protect the Group’s reputation
- all relevant corporate governance aspects are considered.
To both reactively and proactively:
- provide robust legal advice to the business, in relation to retirement living, general real estate, financial and corporate transactions in close connection with external counsel
- provide day-to-day legal support to the group in relation to general corporate advisory matters
- deliver advice to a high standard within timeframes required meeting commercial needs
- keep abreast of legal developments in the field of real estate, and corporate law
- develop and regularly review corporate and governance standard documents and policies/procedures to ensure fitness for purpose
- support where necessary the legal teams of the investors across a range of other matters/projects
- work collaboratively with relevant internal stakeholders including company secretarial, finance/accounting, tax, risk and board support in order to ensure a joined-up approach on transactions and so that the strategic and commercial objectives are achieved.
- Detailed legal experience negotiating, executing, and managing real estate transactions
- Experience in advising on a broad range of corporate matters
- Broad familiarity within financial services and/or other regulated sectors is helpful but not essential
- Articulate, honest, and authoritative in finding the right style and words to influence, challenge or motivate a range of stakeholders
- Inquisitive and testing, asks the right questions in the correct circumstances and then (if appropriate) acts on that information
- England & Wales qualified solicitor (or a solicitor or attorney qualified in another jurisdiction).
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- The Gift of Time – 3 additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a 0)
- BUPA health care
- 37.5 hours per week with flexible working pattern
- 5% matched pension scheme
- Life Assurance at x4 your annual salary
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Incredible workspace, with a gym, social areas, and parking with the option to work remotely.
We have a duty of care to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for you and our residents. Due to the nature and setting of our business we require all eligible colleagues to provide evidence of vaccination or agree to be vaccinated as part of ongoing vaccination programmes (including boosters), unless they are medically exempt. This includes the COVID19 vaccination.
More enjoyment. More satisfaction. More like one big family. If you’re looking for a career that means more and gives you more, hit that apply button!