We are excited to be recruiting for a Maintenance Assistant to join our grounds maintenance team at our Austin Heath on a permanent, full-time basis.
As a Maintenance Assistant you will assist residents with the move in process, liaise with onsite contractors, monitor defect reporting, carry out repairs, drive/operate the vehicles on site ensuring their safe use, and undertake landscaping works. You will also support the Maintenance Supervisor in the facilities management aspect of the village.
As a key member of the grounds maintenance team you will support the village in the delivery of excellent customer service, helping maintain our beautiful grounds and to ensure our residents enjoy this wonderful setting.
- Undertaking repair work to support preventative maintenance including legionella control, residential checks and repairs, site surveys etc
- Ensuring that any damages are quickly and accurately reported and repaired
- Assisting with gardening and landscaping duties
- Operating to minibus as part of the driver rota
- Prioritising and undertaking work requests raised by the residents and staff and determining the best fixes
- Assisting the Maintenance Supervisor with repairs during the 12 months ‘new building defects period’
- Dealing with all residents in a courteous and tactful manner, endeavouring to ensuring speed resolutions.
- Previously worked in building repair or grounds maintenance
- Ability to work on your own as well as within a team environment
- Confident, personable and strong communications skills
- Hold a full driving licence
- Any qualifications within the building trade or health and safety would be desirable.
- This is a full-time opportunity where the Maintenance Assistant will work 37.5 hours per week; five over seven days (including weekends on a rota basis).
- £19,000 per annum
- BUPA health care
- Life Assurance at x4 your annual salary
- 28 days annual leave
- Gift of Time – three additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a zero)
- 5% matched pension scheme
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Working in a newly built office in a scenic environment.
Here at Austin Heath our residents mean a great deal to us, but so do our team members.
So, if you pride yourself on doing a great job, actively go out of your way to help others and want to work for a company which recognises you - get in touch!