We’re driven by our purpose to build real communities, which enhance the lives of our residents every single day. If you’re looking for a career which means more and gives you more, personally and professionally, there’s a place for you here at Inspired Villages.
In partnership with Legal & General, with hugely ambitious (yet very achievable) growth plans, we are seeking a Maintenance Assistant on a full-time basis, to join our expanding team at Austin Heath.
As a key member of the maintenance team, you will support the village in the delivery of excellent customer service, helping maintain our beautiful community to ensure our residents (and colleagues) have the best years of their life.
- Undertaking repair work to support preventative maintenance tasks such as legionella control, site surveys etc
- Providing residential checks, monitoring defects, and providing a reasonable maintenance solution
- Ensuring that any damages are quickly and accurately reported
- Assisting the grounds team with gardening and landscaping
- Driving to minibus as part of the driver rota
- Prioritising and undertaking work requests raised by the residents and staff and determining the best fixes
- Assisting the Maintenance Supervisor with ‘new building defects’ repairs.
- Previously worked in building repair or grounds maintenance
- Hold a full driving licence
- Ability to work on your own as well as within a team environment
- Confident, personable, and strong communications skills
- Any qualifications within the building trade or health and safety would be desirable.
- This is a full-time opportunity where the Maintenance Assistant will work 37.5 hours per week on a 5 over 7 shift patterns (7.00am – 3.00pm / 8.00am – 4.00pm / 11.00am – 7.00pm).
- £19,500 per annum
- BUPA health care
- Life Assurance at x4 your annual salary
- 28 days annual leave (increasing by 1 for each year served)
- Gift of Time – 3 additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a 0)
- 5% matched pension scheme
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Working in a newly built office in a scenic environment
We have a duty of care to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for you and our residents. Due to the nature and setting of our business we require all eligible colleagues to provide evidence of vaccination or agree to be vaccinated as part of ongoing vaccination programmes (including boosters), unless they are medically exempt. This includes the COVID19 vaccination.
More enjoyment. More satisfaction. More like one big family. If you’re looking for a career that means more and gives you more, hit that apply button!