Due to business growth, we are seeking a Planning Manager to join our expanding development team based in our East Midlands or London office.
Reporting directly into the Planning Director, you will support the growth of our business by assisting in the reviewing potential sites along with securing planning permissions, overseeing local plans and appeals.
Providing best practice support and guidance to the Land and Development teams; it will be your responsibility to assist in the review of potential sites and the implementation of new villages through application monitoring of conditions and planning obligations.
- Preparing planning appraisals of land to include analysis of planning policy, key constraints and opportunities to make recommendations on the suitability of a site
- Co-ordinating the management of the project teams and their inputs for the delivery of projects (e.g. architect, planning consultant, other specialists) as well as internal team members (e.g. development manager, project manager, etc)
- Negotiating planning applications
- Liaising with planning officers, statutory consultees, local politicians and other third parties to maintain the positive reputation of Inspired Villages
- Preparing and making presentations at meetings, e.g. parish councils, pre-applications, etc
- Taking responsibility of projects from their inception through to completion
- Maintaining awareness of market conditions, emerging planning policy and guidance and relevant applications and appeals
- Reviewing background information to assess opportunities and constraints of potential sites
- Promoting Inspired Villages in a positive manner on a day to day basis.
- Sound knowledge of planning legislation, planning policy etc
- Have a good level of knowledge of the best routes to negotiate planning applications and local plan promotions for sites
- A background in working within the planning industry – e.g. local authority, consultancy or developer
- Previous experience in the residential and retirement living sector would be desirable
- Ability to work in project teams to deliver successful outcomes and be able to work independently as required
- Chartered Town Planner MRTPI or eligible for membership.
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- The Gift of Time – three additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a zero)
- BUPA health care
- 37.5 hours per week with flexible start and finish times
- Life Assurance at x3 your annual salary
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Working in a modern office with a dynamic team setting.
We are experts in later living, obsessed with great customer outcomes and aim to improve the lives of our residents and those within the local community each day.
If you share our passion and want to work for a truly inspiring business - please get in touch!