We’re driven by our purpose to build real communities, which enhance the lives of our residents every single day. If you’re looking for a career which means more and gives you more, personally and professionally, there’s a place for you here at Inspired Villages.
In partnership with Legal & General PLC and NatWest Pension Trustee Limited, with hugely ambitious (and very achievable) growth plans, we are seeking a Planning Manager to join our Land & Planning team.
Reporting directly to the Land & Planning Director, you will support the growth of our business by reviewing potential sites along with securing planning permissions and undertaking local plan promotion.
Providing best practice support and guidance to the business, particularly the Land & Planning, and Development teams; it will be your responsibility to contribute to the delivery of new villages across our group.
- Preparing appraisals of land to include analysis of planning policy, key constraints and opportunities and make recommendations on site suitability
- Assisting with the co-ordination and management of project teams and their inputs for the delivery of projects (e.g. architect, planning consultant, other specialists) as well as internal team members (e.g. development manager, project manager, etc)
- Negotiating planning applications and local plan promotions for sites
- Liaising with planning officers, statutory consultees, local politicians and other third parties.
- Preparing and making presentations at meetings, e.g. parish councils, public consultations, pre-applications, etc
- Taking responsibility of projects from their inception through to completion.
- Maintaining awareness of market conditions, emerging planning policy and guidance and relevant applications and appeals
- Promoting Inspired Villages in a positive manner on a day-to-day basis
- Work within the land and planning team to contribute to the pipeline for the delivery of retirement communities around the UK.
- Detailed knowledge of planning legislation, planning policy etc
- A background in working within the planning and development industry – e.g. local authority, consultancy or developer
- Experience working with the residential or retirement living sector would be advantageous
- Ability to review background information to assess opportunities and constraints of potential sites
- Ability to work in project teams to deliver successful outcomes and be able to work independently as required
- Chartered Town Planner MRTPI or eligible for membership.
- Up to £45,000 per annum + bonus
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Giving Something Back – 3 additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a 0)
- BUPA health care
- Private medical insurance
- 37.5 hours per week with flexible working pattern
- 5% matched pension scheme
- Life Assurance at x4 your annual salary
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Incredible workspace, with a gym, social areas, and parking with the option to work remotely.
We have a duty of care to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for you and our residents. Due to the nature and setting of our business we require all eligible colleagues to provide evidence of vaccination or agree to be vaccinated as part of ongoing vaccination programmes (including boosters), unless they are medically exempt. This includes the COVID19 vaccination.
More enjoyment. More satisfaction. More like one big family. If you’re looking for a career that means more and gives you more, hit that apply button!