Working in the Programme Management Office (PMO) within our Property Development and Construction function, the Programme Manager will provide a link between the strategic objectives of the team and the delivery of multiple property development and construction projects, as we strive to be the leader in retirement living throughout the UK.
You will proactively manage individual strategic projects, together with providing technical support, best practice guidance, and project controls to an innovative team of Development managers and Project Managers. You will play a critical role in enabling them to focus on the effective delivery of multiple developments. You will be involved in various high-level strategic initiatives and always be exploring latest construction technologies, methodologies, and changes in legislation etc
The ideal Projects & Programme Manager will be committed to strategic thinking, developing the PMO function, implementing ideas, as well as scoping out ‘best in class’ solutions, in order to manage a series of workstreams across the property development and construction team.
- Providing specialist Project and Programme Management expertise for a portfolio of property and construction related projects to improve the delivery of both new projects and the existing estate
- Directly managing projects which span across the Inspired Villages portfolio, examples include management of the standard designs template toolkit, development of low carbon strategy, Health & Safety management reporting and project risk management.
- Proactively identifying, scoping, developing, and implementing property and construction related strategies, systems, plans, processes, policies, and documentation to enable and provide capability and consistency improvements in the delivery of outcomes in a complex environment. Scoping, developing, implementing and continually interrogating systems for a number of initiatives across the development programme, for example; risk identification reporting and mitigation ; Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s); effective storage and sharing of property and construction related information; internal audit of project controls and documentation; provision of relevant documents for the current suite of Best Practice and Project Controls Documentation for the PMO
- Providing management input into the Inspired Villages Development Control Process, to ensure that projects are managed, approved, and reported in a relevant and consistent way
- Aligning and co-ordinating development programmes to suit our strategic objectives
- Proactively coordinating project proposals and business cases for approval
- Managing the project approvals and budget allocation process.
- Experience in a progressive multidisciplinary Project Management and Programme Management Office environment specialising in property and construction
- Experience working ‘client-side’ within a large-scale property development and construction environment, including cooperation with other teams e.g. sales and operations.
- Experience of management of property and construction related projects from inception to completion, including management of project budget and consultant team
- Knowledge and experience of a ‘Gateway’ system of project governance and assurance
- Experience in the effective management of a project delivery team including both internal and external consultant staff
- A high level of competency in developing risk management and project reporting systems
- Sound understanding of development and construction legislation, construction contracts and Health & Safety legislation
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and have the confidence to press issues to completion while reporting to senior management and Executive colleagues.
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- The Gift of Time – three additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a zero)
- BUPA health care
- 37.5 hours per week with flexible start and finish times
- Life Assurance at x3 your annual salary
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Working in a modern office with a dynamic team setting with the possibility of home working.
We are experts in later living, obsessed with great customer outcomes and aim to improve the lives of our residents and those within the local community each day.
If you share our passion and want to work for a truly inspiring business - please get in touch!