We’re driven by our purpose to build real communities, which enhance the lives of our residents every single day. We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our construction team in Edwalton, Nottingham.
After four years of phenomenal growth and numerous awards, we are backed by a joint venture partnership between Legal & General PLC and NatWest Group Pension Trustee Limited.
We are on course to significantly transform the later life experience in the UK with a commitment to expand our portfolio to 34 retirement villages, which equates to around 8,000 age-appropriate homes for retirees.
We also appreciate a sense of humour and believe in employing highly talented individuals who are independent thinkers who act boldly, move fast, and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust.
- Delivering, implementing, and monitoring of various new village developments ensuring projects are delivered on time, to quality and within budget. Actively involved in the full development cycle from pre planning through to completion and beyond
- Be the Client, coordinating and managing design consultants, principal contractors along with leading and managing internal teams
- Facilitating and managing project meetings, inclusive of producing leadership project updates and presentations
- Working with procurement and legal consultants to ensure all building contacts, employers’ requirements, consultant appointments, legal obligations etc are fully considered and dealt with at the appropriate time
- Working alongside Programme Mangers in the Programme Management Office (PMO) in the implementation, reporting and continual development of standard forms, procedures, and the company Development Control Process (DCP)
- Developing and implementing commercial and contractual strategies to ensure the companies interests are protected
- Developing and evolving best practice standards and procedures in property development and construction
- Developing document collaboration systems to provide efficient and accurate control of documents and be the champion for internal systems and data control and management to help optimise accuracy and efficiency of records
- Supporting and assisting with procedural tasks to ensure compliance with PMO policies and procedures.
- 10 years minimum experience in a property or construction related discipline, client-side experience would be an advantage
- Detailed knowledge of construction related consultancy, general construction issues and technology
- Experience within the Later Living Sector would be an advantage
- Extensive experience of engaging and negotiating with external consultants, contractors, and other project stakeholders.
- Chartered member of RICS or similar professional body.
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Giving Something Back – 3 additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a 0)
- BUPA health care
- 37.5 hours per week with flexible working pattern
- 5% matched pension scheme
- Life Assurance at x4 your annual salary
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Incredible workspace, with a gym, social areas, and parking with the option to work remotely.
We have a duty of care to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for you and our residents. Due to the nature and setting of our business we require all eligible colleagues to provide evidence of vaccination or agree to be vaccinated as part of ongoing vaccination programmes (including boosters), unless they are medically exempt. This includes the COVID19 vaccination.
More enjoyment. More satisfaction. More like one big family. If you’re looking for a career that means more and gives you more, hit that apply button!