Is work-life balance important to you? Keen to work in a team of like-minded experts, in a brand spanking new restaurant? Want to make an immediate impact and take your food to the next level?
Then you are in luck! We are recruiting a Sous Chef for our restaurant based at Bramshott Place, Liphook.
You will ensure the food is correctly prepared and presented to customers to the correct standards and quality. You will be at the forefront for creating and maintaining customer relationships and acting on feedback.
- Creating and executing an exciting and appetising menu
- Considering requirements and allergens during your food service
- Assisting with the management of a complete food service from prep to the supervision of staff
- Helping maintain a clean and hygienic working environment
- Providing support and instructing Kitchen Assistants in the correct food preparation techniques and best practice
- Upholding current and future Health & Safety legislation
- Providing an outstanding customer experience to our residents and guests.
- Previous experience of working as a Cook or Sous Chef in a busy kitchen
- A Food Hygiene certificate - Minimum Level 2 Award in Food Safety or equivalent, would be desired
- Excellent management skills and the ability to work in a demanding environment
- Good numeracy and literacy skills and an eye for detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative without ongoing direct supervision
- Be an enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable team player.
- This is a full-time opportunity where the Sous Chef will work 37.5 hours a week normally 8.00am until 4.00pm.
- Fortnightly themed evening meals will replace the usual lunch service on either a Wednesday, Thursday or Saturday evening; 6.00pm until 8.00pm.
- Up to £25,000 per annum
- 28 days annual leave
- The Gift of Time – three additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a zero)
- 5% matched pension scheme
- BUPA health care
- Life Assurance at x4 your annual salary
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities.
We have a duty of care to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for you and our residents. Due to the nature and setting of our business we require all eligible colleagues to provide evidence of vaccination or agree to be vaccinated as part of ongoing vaccination programmes (including boosters), unless they are medically exempt. This includes the COVID19 vaccination.
Here at Bramshott Place our residents mean a great deal to us, but so do our employees.
So, if you also pride yourself on maintaining a fantastic food service, actively go out of your way to help others and want to work for a company which recognises you - get in touch!