We’re driven by our purpose to build real communities, which enhance the lives of our residents every single day. We are seeking a Village General Manager to lead our team at Gifford Lea.
After four years of phenomenal growth and numerous awards, we are backed by a joint venture partnership between Legal & General PLC and NatWest Group Pension Trustee Limited. We are on course to significantly transform the later life experience in the UK with a commitment to expand our portfolio to 34 retirement villages, which equates to around 8,000 age-appropriate homes for retirees.
If you’re looking for a career which means more and gives you more, personally and professionally, there’s a place for you here at Inspired Villages.
- Ensuring the smooth delivery of all day-to-day activities including food and beverage, housekeeping, maintenance, gardening, wellness etc
- Empowering every team member to deliver amazing experiences for our residents
- Ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety related policies and procedures
- Promoting activities that support local and company-wide charities
- Efficiently managing the Village estate; continuously improving through effective planned maintenance and investment in equipment and services to maintain operational excellence
- Identifying and addressing all areas for improvement impacting the resident experience and their happiness
- Driving vibrancy in the village through promotion and use of all facilities
- Ensuring every team member understands and delivers against our values and service proposition
- Identifying and developing outstanding talent within your team
- Managing service charge and the reserve fund budget
- Focusing on delivering food and beverage revenues and maintaining costs within budgets
- Supporting the sales teams in promoting and filling the village
- Ensuring we communicate with our residents in the appropriate manner and tone of voice
- Ensuring you are visible and available to residents.
- An extensive background in senior level management; preferably from the hotel management, leisure services or quality later living space
- Dynamic, confident and an innovative leader with strong commercial and networking skills with the ability to manage a large team with an open, approachable personality
- Excellent budgeting and financial awareness, together with a demonstrable record of exceeding standards in all areas.
- Competitive salary + 20% discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Giving Something Back – 3 additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a 0)
- BUPA health care
- Private medical insurance
- 37.5 hours per week with flexible working pattern
- 5% matched pension scheme
- Life Assurance at x4 your annual salary
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities.
We have a duty of care to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for you and our residents. Due to the nature and setting of our business we require all eligible colleagues to provide evidence of vaccination or agree to be vaccinated as part of ongoing vaccination programmes (including boosters), unless they are medically exempt. This includes the COVID19 vaccination.
More enjoyment. More satisfaction. More like one big family. If you’re looking for a career that means more and gives you more, hit that apply button!