As the outbreak of coronavirus continues to escalate we want to keep you updated on what we’re doing as a company to help keep the residents in our villages safe in these unprecedented times, as well as say some heartfelt thank yous.
As I have mentioned in a previous update, we have a dedicated team who are working closely with the senior leadership to ensure we are responding appropriately to this fast-moving situation. Furthermore, in each of our villages, we have got a dedicated team working tirelessly around the clock to support residents.
This support includes:
- Working with wholesalers and local providers to set up a village grocery shop with all the grocery essentials for residents, which we deliver straight to their door
- The distribution of a hot and cold menu of food to every home and the delivery of anything ordered off that menu to homes
- The introduction of a ‘buddy system’ that means every resident receives a call from a member of the village team every day to ensure they are well and help combat loneliness
- Our wellness team organising activities such as walks with appropriate physical distancing, serenading residents with music from outside their homes, virtual pub quizzes and more to help our residents not feel isolated
- The setting up of our Virtual Village Centre on Facebook that we are filling with content such as videos for exercises that can be done at home, recipes, films, advice on managing your mental health during self-isolation, gardening tips, wildlife watch ideas, live music performances and much more. (This resource is not just for the residents for our villages; we want to help as many people as possible not feel isolated if they have to self-isolate. So please share widely with friends, families and anyone else whom you think would benefit)
Needless to say, all our communal facilities are also closed, no external visitors are being allowed into our villages and extra cleaning precautions in areas such as lifts, and apartment staircases are happening as well. We have also suspended in-house cleaning services and non-essential in-property maintenance to help our residents effectively shield.
I can’t state enough how proud I am of our teams for continuing to deliver such good service to our residents in such difficult times. Thank you to all of them for their hard work.
My colleagues and I are overwhelmed by the thank you notes that have come in from residents and their grateful relatives. So I also want to say thank you for those notes, they mean so much to us all here at Inspired Villages.
CEO, Inspired Villages
Want to find out more?
We run events at our Inspired Villages all year around. Join our mailing list to get all of the updates on our future events.